It's about that time of year where we're about to have zucchini coming out of our ears, so this is a great way to use up tons and tons of zucchini and make a low cal pasta dish for you and yours.
- 2-3 fresh zucchinis, chopped into small circles or half moon shapes
- chopped fresh garlic (as much or as little as you'd like to use - I normally use 2-4 tablespoons)
- garlic salt (to taste)
- red pepper (cayenne) powder (use as much or as little as you'd like - but at least 1/2 - 1 teaspoon)
- shredded Parmesan cheese (at least 1/4 cup - use more if you like)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 cup pasta (dry)
- sesame seeds (optional)
- Prepare pasta following directions on box. Set aside.
- Place chopped zucchini, sesame oil, garlic, red pepper, and garlic salt into pan. Add a little bit of water to the bottom of the pan to help steam the zucchini.
- Stir ingredients together and turn heat to "high." Cook zucchini until they begin to soften, stirring frequently. (most of the liquid/oil mixture should be evaporated)
- Reduce heat to low. Add cooked pasta to pan and stir to combine with zucchini. Add Parmesan cheese to pasta/zucchini mixture (use vegan cheese if you like!) and stir until cheese has melted. Sprinkle sesame seeds over pasta.
- Place in a large bowl and serve! Optional - Before serving, sprinkle additional cheese on top of pasta.
What's your favorite way to keep zucchini from coming out of your ears?