|Have you tried this tofurkey? I can't get enough of it|
|Vegan chicken con broccoli|
- 12 ounces pasta (I used orecchiette)
- 1 head of broccoli cut into florets
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4-6 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup Minimalist Baker vegan Parmesan - plus more for sprinkling when serving
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup vegan mozzarella - I used Follow Your Heart Mozzarella Shreds
- 1 package Tofurkey slow roasted chicken
- Prepare noodles according to directions on package - try to leave them a little al dente. Put broccoli florets in boiling water along with the pasta. When the broccoli starts turning bright green and is "done" use a slotted spoon to fish out the florets and set them aside. Retain a little bit of the pasta water in case you need it to thin your "cheese" sauce or to keep everything from sticking to the pan.
- In a skillet on medium heat, cook garlic in olive oil until the garlic begins to soften.
- Add cooked pasta, broccoli, chicken, vegan Parmesan, and vegan mozzarella cheeses to skillet. Season with salt and pepper as needed. Stir to combine and add a little water if sauce is too thick. If sauce is too thin, add additional vegan mozzarella and./or vegan Parmesan cheese.
- Serve and top with vegan Parmesan cheese.
This is a great recipe to make on a weeknight when you're running low on time and want to combine protein, carbs, and veggies all in one dish. I typically serve this alongside a big spinach salad for some extra greenery, but other sides would pair well with this dish, too. It's a creamy, filling, and protein packed dish that just might remind you of some of the non-vegan dishes served at popular "Italian-ish" restaurants.