|Creamy vegan pasta sauce with garlic and oven roasted tomatoes|
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 box pasta
- olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 4+ cloves of garlic, minced
- 2+ teaspoons flour
- 1 1/4+ cups almond milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss halved tomatoes in a little bit of olive oil and salt and then put face up on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Prepare pasta according to directions on the package and set aside.
- In a large skillet, combine oil, garlic, and shallot, and cook over medium heat until translucent.
- Add in flour and almond milk and whisk until the sauce is creamy. Add extra milk as needed to thin out the sauce.
- If you want an uber creamy sauce, put everything into a blender and grind away until you get your desired consistency. I did this and I think it really helped to even out the flavor.
- Season as needed with salt and pepper.
- Add pasta and tomatoes to sauce .Stir frequently to coat all of the noodles.
- Serve and enjoy!
The result? The creamiest, non-cashew based vegan cream sauce I've ever eaten. I didn't particularly care for the flavor of the roasted tomatoes, but my fiance loved it. I definitely plan on making this sauce again and experimenting with it. The basic recipe for the cream sauce could really be used on or with anything. I'm a garlic lover, so I'd definitely add more garlic, though. But if you're not the biggest fan or you're a vampire, I'd keep the recipe as is.