A person who I barely know likes to post a lot of photo recipes on facebook, and I saw a seemingly simple one the other night for fancy looking zucchini planks. These zucchini planks turned out so well, I forgot to take an "after/cooked" picture.
- olive oil
- garlic powder
- sliced tomatoes (any size/type will do)
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Slice zucchini in half. Cut off the rounded bottoms so the zucchini can sit flat on a cookie sheet. (it's a good idea to put foil on the cookie sheet first)
3. Brush the zucchini planks with olive oil. Sprinkle with garlic powder and garlic salt.
4. Put tomatoes on top of zucchini planks. Sprinkle with cheese. (optional)
5. Cook for 20-30 minutes or until zucchini is thoroughly cooked - but not soft.
6. Serve and enjoy!
I really, really enjoyed this fancy looking zucchini. Not just because I didn't have to make it and my boyfriend did. It was quick, easy, and delicious! (and low calorie even if you use cheese - I opted for vegan zucchini goodness) I have a feeling I'm about to be up to my ears in zucchini, and I think we'll be making this a lot!