Monday, August 15 -
Meatless Monday at Palookaville Chili in Ohio City- This is actually a weekly happening at Palookaville Chili, one of Ohio City's newer specialty restaurants. (yes, they have vegan and vegetarian chili!) Foodgazi, a catering/cooking instruction company offers a few vegan items each and every Monday right in Palookaville.
Vegetarian Mondays at Lago in Tremont - Every Monday evening, Lago offers an entire menu of vegan or vegetarian items in addition to their regular menu.
Tuesday, August 16 -
5 Course Vegan Wine Dinner at Melange in Beachwood - $60
This is Melange's first attempt at hosting a vegan dinner. Two of the 5 courses will be prepared by Chef Scot Jones of Vegiterranean and deserts will be provided by White Flower Cake Shop. The last time I went to a vegan wine pairing was at Bistro 185 last fall and it was excellent, and I'd imagine this one will be just as good!)
The meal will include:
- Amuse: Beet Ravioli, tofu ricotta, pickled onion, and balsamic roasted figs
- 1st course: Roasted poblano tamale, smoke corn puree, guacamole
- 2nd course: watermelon steak, cucumber salad, gazpacho broth
- 3rd course: Gardein "chicken" roulade, baby arugula, roasted tomato, smokey greens, beluga lentils, charred tomato brodo
- 4th course: Curried cauliflower ravioli, chunky walnut and herb pesto, spicy carrot oil, and golden raisin
- 5th course: Platters of assorted vegan pastries for the table (designed by white flower cake shop)
See the Facebook event page for additional details.
Vegan 3 Course Dinner at Bistro 185 in Euclid - $30
My favorite time of the month! Bistro 185 offers a vegan meal monthly prepared by Chef Jakub, who is, in my humble opinion, is an amazing vegan chef. This month's theme is "farm to table" and will feature the following:
- Ohio Corn Chowder with Jalapeno Corn Muffin
- Local and Organic Ratatouille, Roof Top Garden Herb-Crusted Gardein, Roasted Local Fingerling Potatoes
- Olive Oil - Lemon Cake, Grilled Stone Fruit Compote, Almond Milk Whipped Cream
Berea ARF Hump Day Celebrity Bartending Happy Hour - So, technically not a vegan or vegetarian event, but let's be honest, if you're a vegetarian, most likely, you care about animals. I've volunteered at Berea Animal Rescue Fund for longer than I can remember, and the proceed from this event help to provide supplies and care for homeless animals who are desperately in need.
More information is available on the Facebook event page.
Vegan and Vegetarian Night at Deagan's Kitchen & Bar in Lakewood - Let's not forget this weekly happening. Deagan's is one of my favorite new restaurants/bars in Cleveland and I love that they offer vegan and vegetarian menu items every day of the week and an extra special menu on Wednesday nights. Check out the Deagan's Facebook page on Wednesdays to see what specials are being offered.
Do you know about any other upcoming vegan or vegetarian happenings? Post them in the comments if you do!